1. Does it hurt? No, this is actually a very relaxing treatment. For some, the Enzyme can feel warm and tingly but it is temporary and any discomfort dissipates when the product is removed with a cool towel and the mask is applied.
2. Is it safe for Sensitive Skin? Yes, as long as there are no sensitivities to the products used this is a safe exfoliation method for sensitive skin. Because the Esthetician can adjust the amount of pressure used and the number of blade strokes on the skin, she can customize the process for each area of the face.
3. What are the benefits? Removing dead surface cells leaves the skin looking and feeling immediately softer and smoother. It also sends a message to the bottom layers of skin cells to increase production thus increasing cell turnover and improving sluggish aging skin conditions. Product absorption is greatly improved. Removing a layer of dead cells can also improve acne conditions by unclogging pores. Most women love the side effect of temporarily removing vellus hairs and notice both an improvement in product absorption as well as makeup application.
4. Will the hair grow back darker and thicker? No, this is a myth. Velllus hair is different than terminal ( dark) hair and there is nothing that we can do from the outside to turn one into the other. There are internal factors that can cause dark hair growth, such as hormones. As the vellus hair grows back it may initially feel a little courser because it is standing up as it breaks through the skin. As it grows out it will again be soft and downey or you can repeat the Dermaplane facial every 3 - 4 weeks to keep it away.
5. Are there contraindications? Yes a few. Allergies to the ingredients used for treatment or nickel. Any one taking daily blood thinners. Inflamed acne, skin infections, pregnancy, recent use of glycolic acids or AHAs, thick dark facial hair, skin cancer, lesions, use of Accutane within the past year. If you are unsure schedule a skin analysis first and your Esthetician can advise you if this is the best treatment for you.